The Ragtag Daily Prompt this morning is SHADOWY EXPLORATIONS.
Well, as a response I’m going to take you all back to the distant shadows of the past and explore life in the 50s and 60s. I’m also going to give the new BlockEd its first Make-a-list trial. Confession: I’ve taken some else’s list and added.
How many of these can you remember?
- Candy cigarettes
- Cafes with table-side juke boxes
- Home milk delivery in glass bottles
- Party lines on the telephone
- TV stations going off the air at midnight
- TV test patterns – circles and an Indian head
- Howdy Doody
- Brownie cameras
- Pleated plaid skirts
- Metal ice trays with lever
- Blue flashbulb
- Cork popguns
- Wash tub wringers
- “There are eight million stories in the Naked City.
This has been one of them.”
- Almost all men wearing hats
- Officers Tweedie & Muldoon
- Pocket watches and men’s wallets on chains
- Jars of Striped Peanut butter & jam
- Roller skates
- When head-rests and seat-belts were unheard of
- Hood ornaments on cars
- The Big Bopper
- Li’l Abner
- George Burns and Gracie Allen
- Rin Tin Tin
- Ice boxes
- Bread Boxes
- Kelvinator fridges
- Calling between midnight and 8am to save money
- “Hey, Mr Wilson!”
- Garter Belts
- Chubby Checker’s new dance
- Massey Harris tractors
- Galvanized steel bath tubs, with the same bathwater for all
Hope you’ve enjoyed these explorations into the shadowy past.