What is Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
– Okoto Enigma
As I mentioned yesterday, I have been nominated for this award, created by Okoto Enigma, who would love to have you drop by and say Hello.
Special thanks to Sue at Crooked Creek, who selected me for this award. She likewise would welcome visitors and has written some very interesting and thought-provoking posts.
– Put the award logo/image on your blog
– List the rules.
– Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
– Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
– Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
– You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
– Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
– Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
– Share a link to your best post(s)
Three things about me:
– I have lived in six out of Canada’s ten provinces, and visited New Brunswick & Nova Scotia.
– My siblings were raised by our parents, whereas I was raised by my aunt & uncle. However, we had frequent contact during holidays.
– I’m such a soft-heart that I’ve even been known to rescue sidewalk-stranded earthworms from dehydration after a rain.
The questions I’ve been asked are:
– What influenced you to start blogging?
– Have you ever thought of discontinuing your blog?
– What do you do when you are not writing?
– What is your biggest challenge to blogging?
– The “weird” one: If you were not a human what do you think you’d be?
– Over coffee a friend and fellow writer talked of blogging. I said, “Too technical. I could never get it.” She gave me a quick “How to” so I came home and followed her instructions, mainly to prove it was too complex for me.
– Have I ever thought of quitting. Oodles of times. At times I’ve resolved to cease and desist…but then this idea, subject, or experience comes along that I just have to share.
– When I’m not writing I do all the other things that need my attention. Laundry, meals, dishes… Today I dug up part of my long-neglected flowerbed…which inspired a little verse I want to share soon.
– My biggest challenge is time management. That is, not spending all day every day blogging, which is something I really enjoy.
– If I were not a human, I couldn’t think or choose. However, from where I am now…it might be nice to be a bee. They’re social, yet independent, desired and respected.
My best posts are:
Most of these posts are flash fiction written for Friday Fictioneers. As I went over my posts to pick out the most viewed and liked, I realize I did my best writing when I was participating in that group. There is definitely merit in a photo prompt and weekly deadline!
Now, as for nominating others…
I’ve no idea who likes to do awards and who doesn’t, so I’m going to take a cue from some other bloggers, and nominate all of you, dear readers. 🙂 If you’d like to accept this award, please do.
Sigh! So many things come to mind for questions one could ask. However, I’ve chosen…
1. What was your favourite recess game, back when you were in grade school?
2. List three of your favourite HUMONGOUS words.
3. What are your three favourite house-plants?
4. When you feel like abandoning your blog, what inspires you to stick with it?
5. The “weird” one: If some small island were looking for a new dictator, would you be a good choice?
I think I have fulfilled all the requirements for the award; now I look forward to seeing your post, if you’re participating, and reading your responses to these questions.
And for anyone, take a moment to consider the questions and leave your answers in a comment below.